Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers

Subject: Re: Not Wanted--Technical Writers
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 14:22:33 -0500

Alexia Prendergast said:

>I find it hard to believe that writers are so much more
>helpless or victimized than other professionals.

How easy it is to get caught up in feeling left out and
sorry for ourselves because:

1. Nobody appreciates us.

2. Everybody is an expert when it comes to writing/publishing
because everybody has used a word processor and all WPs are
alike anyway and those "publishing programs" are just fancy
word processors.

I think that this is because we don't market ourselves, our
talents and our expertise effectively, even to our own in-house
people.

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com