Re: Help with FrameMaker

Subject: Re: Help with FrameMaker
From: Jane Bergen <janeber -at- CYBERRAMP -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 20:20:47 -0600

At 02:39 PM 12/15/97 -0600, Beth Friedman wrote:

>Unfortunately, I've been totally stymied by one thing that I need to
>do in Frame that is trivial in Word, and I can't imagine that it was
>left out -- or was it?
>
>I need to set up a paragraph tag (or style) that has a colored
>background. At this point I don't care whether the text overprints or

Yep, it was left out. Along with a few other things. Most of the
suggestions you'll get involve putting everything inside a single table
cell and shading the cell. That doesn't work for my purposes, either. And
even if it did, it's a heck of a lot more trouble. I've also tried putting
a shaded block behind the text, but I don't recommend it. Mine did not stay
"anchored".and I finally gave up in disgust and deleted it. As my
workaround, I just place a border before and after the text that I would
have otherwise shaded. It's not really a workaround. It sucks, in fact.

I also cannot get the shading on a cell to be anything in between 10% (too
light) and 30% (too dark).

Hope Adobe is listening. This drawback is major for a product that
considers itself a desktop publisher.

Jane Bergen

Jane Bergen, Technical Writer
AnswerSoft, Inc. Richardson, TX