Re: QUESTION: Urgent Frame Help

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Urgent Frame Help
From: Tim Altom <taltom -at- IQUEST -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 21:34:52 -0500

>Thanks for thinking about this. It still remains a mystery. I don't
>think it's a problem with the graphic only because even if I don't
>import a graphic, the frame still doesn't print (I tried simply typing
>some text inside the frame -- with no grahics -- and it still didn't
>print).
>
>FYI though, it was a referenced .WMF (windows metafile); we also tried a
>bitmap. neither worked. Also, I tried a bunch of other graphics, not
>just that one particular file. None of them worked.
>
>I am beginning to think this is some strange bug, unless I'm missing
>something really obvious.
>-Kathy

For us, this is more than a mental exercise. We're a heavily Frame house
and anything that can't be explained is worrisome. I've been passing your
messages on to Jerilynne, my partner in crime and the state's reigning guru
on Frame, along with being an Adobe ACE on the software...she's been
training on it and pushing it hard for some years now, and was a Ventura
expert before that. Very little gets by her. But this does sound like
either an oversight or a bug.

Just for future reference:

1. When you tried a WMF and BMP, were those the same graphic?
2. How did you create the frame? Were there any unusual circumstances
surrounding it?
3. Did any other frame show this behavior?
4. Can you recreate the conditions at will?

I don't mean to belabor this thing, but something like this, that seems so
darned simple, yet is so mysterious, is of great interest. I'd like to know
if we can duplicate it.

Thanks for filling in the gaps.

Tim Altom
Vice President, Simply Written, Inc.