QUESTION: Tech Writing/Tech Communication/Graphic Arts Masters Programs on Internet/Correspondence

Subject: QUESTION: Tech Writing/Tech Communication/Graphic Arts Masters Programs on Internet/Correspondence
From: Faith Harvey <fharvey -at- CGN -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 12:39:20 -0600

As a fairly new tech writer, I find this to be one of the more
enlightening discussion lists available. I was reading this list
before I took the job I am at just to figure out if I wanted to become a
tech writer. You all have inspired me to take that plunge.

That said, I have a question for all of you:

Do you know of, have you taken or can you recommend a Master's program
in Technical Communication or
Graphic Arts that I might take over the Internet or as a correspondence
course? I know the information that I learn as part of on the job
training is more important for my work, but I would like to expand a
little and understand a little more of the theory behind tech writing.

I have a very weird and hectic schedule right now that will not allow me
to take a "regularly scheduled" class.

I would appreciate it if you could send your responses to me privately
and then I can summarize for the group.

Thanks alot for all your help so far...and happy writing all...
Faith Harvey