Re: Query

Subject: Re: Query
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 19:31:23 +0530

Hello all!

Just thought I will add my two bits.

The it's error is the most common error made in Indian technical writing.
Of course, I've seen this error in writings from other parts of the world
too.

Thanks, John, for pointing that it is in Elements of Style also. Must
read it again.

What is interesting to me is that no one has suggested to Meena that: why
not get rid of the its. Like, I would have done. When in argument with
boss -- leave it out! I think the sentence should still work without the
its.

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath (India's first site on Tech Writing)
TWIN - Technical Writers of India Mailing List (site/twin.htm)
#TWIN chat room on Thu 6 pm and Sat 9 am IST (site/chat.htm)