Is management sometimes the problem? (The _Post_ article)

Subject: Is management sometimes the problem? (The _Post_ article)
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 08:18:07 -0600

At the risk of beating a dead horse...

We're all looking at the samples in the _Post_ articles as examples of
bad technical writing. Maybe they are. But how much bad technical
writing is actually bad management or even realistic management?

I've written some mediocre stuff. I could have done better with more
time. But I didn't have the time. I either had a tight deadline or other
work that was more important. Sometimes you do what you can instead of
what you should.

So perhaps part of the problem isn't bad writing by the tech writers,
it's bad management, as well.

Happy holidays.

Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Sr. Technical Writer chamilton -at- gr -dot- com
Greenbrier & Russel http://www.gr.com