Resumes and other job-related stuff

Subject: Resumes and other job-related stuff
From: STaylor <sntaylor -at- STARTEXT -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 17:43:17 -0600

I've been in the writing "business" for a quite a few years, both in public
relations and newspapers, and have just recently done software documentation.

I spent many years in the Air Force. Now that I've gotten my feet wet in a
civilian job, and have (IMHO) effectively translated my "military" skills
into "civilian" skills, I think two things:

1. I'm worth more than I'm currently getting paid
2. Therefore, I should get paid more than I am for what I do...
3. And I may have to change companies in order to do so.

I put a resume on my web site. I would be greatly interested in
professional tech writers having a look and providing me with some feedback...

Is there too much, or not enough of the right thing? Anyone else take a
similar, or different approach.

And if you were a recruiter or employer, what might your offer of salary be
for someone with a resume like mine? One of the transitions to civilian
life is the variability of salaries...

This will get you there:

http://www.startext.net/homes/sntaylor/resume/resume.htm

I'd appreciate any tidbit, no matter how small...

Thanks,

Steve Taylor
staylor -at- breakawynet -dot- com
sntaylor -at- arlington -dot- net