Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: Esther Wheeler <esther -at- AZURE-TECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:12:51 -0500

Jim Chevallier wrote:

>Plus, if your client has made it your responsibility to provide a
printer-
>ready* file, most print shops apparently don't handle Word. Probably
not
>Frame either, no?

It's very important to me that my print shop _can_ handle
application files, like Word and FrameMaker. I did a lot of careful
shopping to find one. It's cut down considerably on what I
consider to be wasted time at the end of a production cycle.

It costs more, of course, and you have to factor in the file prep
time on their end for matching fonts and so forth. Particularly
on the first go-round.

This is slightly off-topic, but I hate seeing people held hostage by
printing processes.

- Esther

Esther Wheeler (esther -at- azure-tech -dot- com)
GN Nettest / Azure Operation