Re: The Writer's Kit

Subject: Re: The Writer's Kit
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 08:56:00 -0600

> Seems to me the whole issue of tool ownership and use is like saying
> "I've only ever driven Ford cars -- does that disqualify me from
> applying for a job as a driver of a Toyota?"

This is true for the general issue of tool ownership and use, but in
this particular case it was more like "I own a Toyota and a Chevy, but
Domino's says *anybody* who claims to do pizza delivery drives a Ford
and they'll only hire me if I go out and buy a Ford." The original
question wasn't what should you *know*, but what should you *own.*

> Experienced tech
> communicators should be (and in my experience generally are) able to
> pick up the mechanical skills of individual products fairly easily.

No argument there! :-)

Tracy
Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okvotech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Vocational and Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm