Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client

Subject: Re: Billing Problems with Corporate Client
From: Jon Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:15:02 -0400

SLSTAGGS -at- aol -dot- com commented:
> Some companies just do not put sole proprietorships on their vendor
lists, but
> this is often unstated to give the appearance of fairness.

That is what I have found, but usually when I've gotten a call from an
agency that what's to get its hooks into me. That's when I ask about
working under a 1099. They say, "The client requires W2. Oh, are you
incorporated?" When I tell them I am a sole proprietor, the silence says it
all, "What's that?"

Jon