Word vs. Pagemaker

Subject: Word vs. Pagemaker
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 20:58:41 -0500

Michael Johnson <michaelj -at- OECMED -dot- COM> wrote:

>I started using Pagemaker about 4 months ago after using Word >6, Word 95, and Word 97 for most of the previous three years. >I have these observations:
>
>1. My blood pressure is down a full 20 points.
>2. My artwork is all present and accounted for.
>3. My productivity has increased about 40%.
>4. None of my documents has crashed or choked, and some of >them are really big.

I'm curious to know: how do you find PageMaker for revisability?

I've only used it for small documents, but Adobe's official line - that
PageMaker is for small one-shots and FrameMaker for larger, revisable
documents - has always seemed summarize the strengths and weaknesses of
both programs.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

A Proud Non-Member of the STC