Re: Proud Non-Member of STC

Subject: Re: Proud Non-Member of STC
From: Barb Ostapina <Barb -dot- Ostapina -at- METROMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:49:04 -0500

This is to Bruce Byfield, and I was going to send it privately, but then I
thought others may have valuable opinions that I'd like to hear.

I noticed that you (Bruce) have been signing your emails with "Proud non
-member of the STC" and that struck me as odd. I guess I'm a victim of the
party line that says membership in a professional organization related to
your field of endeavor is not only desirable, but important. I have great
respect for your ideas (at least those I've seen put forth on this list),
and I'd really like to hear your thoughts about membership in professional
organizations. Am I wasting my time, do you think, getting ever more active
in STC?
--B
barb -dot- ostapina -at- metromail -dot- com