Re: Booming Business

Subject: Re: Booming Business
From: Stan Dicks <w4ag -at- M1 -dot- SPRYNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 19:49:15 -0500

Melonie,

I think the shortage is nationwide. I left a corporation in NJ a few
months ago to take a teaching position here in the Research Triangle at
North Carolina State University. We were having difficulty in NJ hiring
people, even finding contractors, as everyone was busy. Here in the
triangle the pressure is so great that our MS students are being hired
before they can finish their degrees, at salaries they can't afford to
pass up. Usually when an industry experiences that kind of labor
shortage, the salaries go up. We should all be rich soon.

Cheers,
Stan Dicks
Rhetoric and Technical Communication
North Carolina State University