[no subject]

From: Jon Leer <jleer -at- LTC -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:48:12 -0400

I have had the weirdest thing happen.

About 3 weeks ago, I was using Word 7.0 (Windows 95) to prepare a
manuscript containing linked EPS files. It looked fine and printed fine.
The next week I opened Word to create another document and tried inserting
an EPS file, and Word would not recognize the graphic filter. I presumed
that the filter had gotten corrupted.

I have tried to reestablish the integrity of the EPS filter without any
luck. I have resorted to:
* removing the graphic filters from the Microsoft Office Word setup and
then reinstalling all of the filters using the Add/Remove Programs in the
Control Panel
* deleting the EPS filter from the c:\program files\common files\microsoft
shared\grphflt folder, removing the graphic filters from the Microsoft
Office Word setup and then reinstalling
* removing Office and reinstalling

Word recognizes all of the graphic filters except EPS. I am installing Word
from a CD, so would expect that the CD is not corrupted (verses the
likelihood when using floppies). All of the other applications that I use
can work with EPS graphics without any problem.

Any clues?

Jon Leer
Leer Technical Communications
603-644-8627, 644-8628 (fax)
jleer -at- ltc -dot- mv -dot- com

Better Communication Means Better Business