Re: Manual non-standard font question

Subject: Re: Manual non-standard font question
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CHEBUCTO -dot- NS -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:14:33 -0400

Tom Herme wrote:
... I have a 300 page manual [in which] my marketing manager wants to
format every instance of the product name in Brush Script and give a
superscript appearance to the 32....
I question the readability of this since every page may have multiple
instances of the product name. I think that readers may become
distracted by this.

Right you are, Tom. Brush Script and similar fonts are called "display
fonts" for a reason. Repeated use of a display font is visual noise, and
inappropriate for body text. You could probably sneak it in on the title
page.

Suzanne Townsend
(typographer in former life)