Re: Resource for printer drivers

Subject: Re: Resource for printer drivers
From: barryk -at- MDHOST -dot- CSE -dot- TEK -dot- COM
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:02:58 -0800

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Brian Lightfoot wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have been having lots of problems with printer drivers (both for
> printing on paper and on-line). Can anyone provide me with a good
> resource for learning about printer drivers (both theory and practice).
> I don't care if it's a book or an on-line FAQ.

Why, yes I can!

Try: www.kyocera.com

There are plenty of FAQ's there (that I wrote, by the way).

While I was working for Kyocera (laser printers) I was performing split
technical writing and technical support duties.

Printer drivers are the MOST misunderstood utilities around.

Just listen to two people arguing about the printer drivers ability to
paginate a document, and you will see two people who do not understand
how printer drivers work.

The subject is too complex for a simple email reply to a yet unasked
technical question. Check out the FAQ's at the Kyocera site. Also check
out the FREE printer drivers that Kyocera offers.

Good Luck!

Barry Kieffer