Re: Getting a Manual Printed

Subject: Re: Getting a Manual Printed
From: Kristen Lorenz <klor -at- INTFACE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 13:41:52 -0500

We are having a problem with our new printing company - they use
Docutech with a 1200 dpi printer. On our hard copy (printed on a 500 dpi
HP), the screen captures looked good (readable text, the gray isn't too
dark) - but when it came back to us after the first run, the screens
were horrible - the gray was way too dark and the text on these screens
were almost unreadable.

When we told them of this problem, they said it was probably something
we needed to fix on our end (adjust the screen captures somehow). But
they offered to do a second run and make an adjustment - the screen
captures are lighter, but now its text is lighter too, it looks like
speckles, or black dots that kind of form a word. In addition the
regular text all looks a shade lighter too.

I assume we'd need to adjust the screen captures (using Snag-it? I
haven't ever used anything to do this) - but we need to find a tool. Any
suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks a lot!!