Re: [Fwd: Michael Sargent <sargent -at- startext -dot- net>: FW: malicious virus]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: Michael Sargent <sargent -at- startext -dot- net>: FW: malicious virus]
From: Barry Kieffer <barry -dot- kieffer -at- EXGATE -dot- TEK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:52:31 -0800

This is not a hoax! This is a very dangerous virus.

You do not have to open the mail to become infected, if you even receive
this email your system will be rendered useless.

The only way to protect yourself is to turn the computer off, disconnect
the power cable, the network cable and/or the telephone modem cable.
Remove the speakers because they can be used as a microphone input.

Finally, cover your computer in no less the two layers of aluminum foil
to protect it from the virus being sent via a satellite.