Re: Harbrace book

Subject: Re: Harbrace book
From: Michael Lewis <lewism -at- BRANDLE -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 09:50:19 +1100

Paul Carr wrote:

> I recently posted a query about a good grammar book. The majority of
> folk suggested the Harbrace College Handbook, 13th ed.
>
> I ordered that, but what I received from Harcourt Brace was the "Hodges'
> Harbrace Handbook." Is this in fact the book recommended to me, or is it
> a bold impostor?

It's the right one. "Harbrace" is a sub-imprint of Harcourt Brace
Jovanovitch; Hodges and Whitton were the authors. Like other long-lived
books that go through multiple editions, it undergoes minor changes of
name. Check out the publishing history in the front matter -- that
should make the picture clearer.
--
Michael Lewis
Brandle Pty Limited, Sydney, Australia