intranet how-to's

Subject: intranet how-to's
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 22:37:48 -0500

Hi Debra,
I've been delinquent. For the list, I rec'd 5 - 6 replies
about the Intranet.
3 people used .PDF to make existing files accessible; the
remainder used various means to render the existing files into HTML. Of
the latter, people relied (apparently) on IS to take care of the hardware
(computers, servers,
Debra, I will cut & paste details to you from the files I've
saved. One person did observe that on-line documentation can be very
inconvenient if you don't do your work at a computer (which sounds obvious
until you realize that people do forget that not all work takes place at a
networked terminal on a desk!)
Mary
Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)