Re: Confidential portfolios

Subject: Re: Confidential portfolios
From: "Gibson, Stephanie" <SGibson -at- QWIZ -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:34:14 -0500

Someone gave me an idea a while back and I've suggested it several
times. Rather than sending potentially sensitive/confidential
documents, rewrite an instruction booklet (i.e., VCR manual) or write a
procedure from scratch. In either case, you're showing your writing
skills without worrying about the confidentiality of the materials you
present. I actually hired someone that rewrote some of those awful
prescription medicine medical-ease papers that are folded and stuffed
into your bottle into simple, easy-to-understand English. She performed
this task for a major medical college here in GA for one of her final
courses prior to graduation. She was a 'green' writer, yet showed the
ability to take technical information and convert it into laymen terms.
She worked out fine.

Good luck,
stef