Excluding resumes based on fonts?

Subject: Excluding resumes based on fonts?
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 12:57:07 -0600

If I've got the start of this thread pegged right, jim grey
commented that resumes done in Times and Helvetica bugged
him enough that he'd have second thoughts about hiring
someone who formatted their resume that way. (Apologies if
it wasn't you, Jim.)

I don't think I'd want to work for anyone who discriminated
on this basis. Not to slam the original poster, but isn't
font choice in a resume completely irrelevant to hiring a
job advertisement doesn't ask for proof of my taste in
fonts, I'd hope the quality of my resume's content (and how
well it matched the person's needs) would be the sole
criterion for hiring or dismissing me.