Re: TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY

Subject: Re: TOOLS AND TECHNOLOGY
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 13:21:22 -0800

This is a very interesting question. I'd say that I probably would NOT be a
technical writer without all the GUI "eye candy" referred to.

I got into this profession specifically to write about GUI computer
software, and to work with GUI computers (especially Macs), so without that
stuff, I would not have been drawn to the technical writing profession. In
fact, I seriously considered technical writing as a career in
pre-microcomputer days and nixxed it off my list for being *too boring.*

Writing about some other technical topic just wouldn't light my coals. I
have a very specific niche that I am interested in and if I couldn't work
in that niche area, I'd be doing someting else most likely. Like starving.

- tgr