Word Problems

Subject: Word Problems
From: Dianna Massey <dmassey -at- CELERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:08:19 -0500

Hello,

I am working working with Word documents that were converted from the
Macintosh to PC. I am having a miserable time with the headers and
footers. Wanted to find out if others of you are having similar problems.

I am working in the latest version of Word 97 and have searched Microsoft's
site for any information about this problem. No luck.

Here goes:

When I edit the header or footer, although it looks fine, one of two things
happens when I close the header/footer view or sometimes when I save and
exit the document and reopen it:

1. Characters disappear, or
2. Strange characters show up in the middle of words or before page numbers.

I can go back into the header or footer and edit them. Sometimes the edit
works, sometimes the pesky additions or deletions recur.

Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you,
Dianna