FOLLOWUP: code documentation

Subject: FOLLOWUP: code documentation
From: Lani Hardage <lhardage -at- RMTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:13:11 -0800

Several of you were very helpful in suggesting what questions needed to
be addressed for our potential hire of someone to do what was referred
to as code documentation. I queried management on exactly what they
wanted documented and warned them of the intractability of getting code
documentation from 300,000 lines of uncommented code. Got no responses
except a need for documenting build procedures.

Result: we hired a tech writer who has strong UNIX skills, so he can
jump into documenting build procedures and installation guides. He'll
spend the rest of his time documenting new products for users, and
report to me.

Thanks again!

Lani Hardage
Technical Writer