(long) Delivering docs electronically

Subject: (long) Delivering docs electronically
From: "hope.d.cascio" <hope -dot- d -dot- cascio -at- ARTHURANDERSEN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 12:37:28 -0600

On 30 Jan, Ginna Watts wrote:
Does anyone have any arguments for or against the online solution? Is
management right - should I just grit my teeth and figure out a new way to
do it on paper?

We've had a similar situation... we recently developed a Windows version of a
DOS product, and phased out the majority of the manuals with the Windows
version. Mainly, we cover things like installation and broad overview in our
printed material, and provide the rest of the Help online. The online Help has
been pretty popular, as long as it's context sensitive and provides plenty of
task-level help.