Re: Productivity Measurements

Subject: Re: Productivity Measurements
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 09:04:34 +0000

I've heard the hour/page scenario before but have avoided it here. Hours
people work are recorded and PONC (Price of Non-conformance) hours noted to
try and improve things (Yes we're going down the Quality path!). How TW
specificall;y is measured is, in part, up to ourselves. As work comes in
we estimate the time requried etc and set milestones. Work is then measured
against the milestones set. Quite a trusting affair as management is
relying on us to set realistic mislestones. Quite a difference from the
"hours" scenario where it was standard to build it "contingency time".
Here, if deadlines aren't met, the aim is to determine why not and improve
the situation for the next job.

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International.