Policy Development

Subject: Policy Development
From: Debbie Stewart <Debbie_Stewart -at- SIECOR -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 10:11:15 -0500

I have been asked to research corporate credit card use on the Internet. We
are trying to develop a policy regarding employee use for corporate
purchases over the Net.
The policy needs to cover the precautions necessary before an employee uses
the card. Does anyone have any information or experience with this type of
policy. I have contacted providers of electronic commerce software to find
out what kinds of processes occur when a transaction takes place, but am
not having any luck.
Have any of you written a similar policies? Does anyone have any experience
with
this type of transaction and know of any procedures to follow? What kind of
security measures are needed; what kinds of standards are there for
e-commerce, etc?
Thanks for any possible feedback. My manager was frustrated trying to find
any information and has delegated :-) this one to me!
Debbie Stewart
Technical Writer - IS Department
704-327-5143
Siecor