Re: QUESTION: Legal liability for incorrect documentation

Subject: Re: QUESTION: Legal liability for incorrect documentation
From: Barry House <bhouse -at- CREATIVE-HOUSE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 10:38:06 -0600

Larry Weber wrote:

>What are the legal liabilities for publishing incorrect documentation?

Every manual I've ever written, and every one I've read, carries a
disclaimer that basically says no one is legally responsible for any errors
that appear in the book. I worked at one company that had a standard
disclaimer which said, in part, that it could not guarantee that the manual
bore ANY relationship to the software it supposedly documented.

Barry House
The Creative House--Helping Businesses Communicate
P.O. Box 523
Pittsfield, IL 62363
217-285-2900
217-285-2950 Fax