Re: TW and grad school

Subject: Re: TW and grad school
From: "Bergen, Jane" <janeb -at- ANSWERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 10:44:51 -0600

Cheri,

Although I missed your original question, I think, questions about
education for tech writers are never "drivel" -- especially on a list
for tech writers! Yet there appears to be a vocal few on this list who
are paranoid about any discussion of education/certification issues. I
suspect they are convinced they could not muster the grade for either,
so reject them outright. And one or two in particular who relish being
hurtful. Shake it off.

As for the RoboHelp list, yes there is one. You can find more
information at the Blue Sky web page. Another list is for all questions
related to online help. It's the WINHLP-L list. To subscribe, send the
following request:

Address it to: LISTSERV -at- ADMIN -dot- HUMBERC -dot- ON -dot- CA

Your message should say: subscribe WINHLP-L

Be sure to turn any other autosignature, etc. off. It's a pretty busy
list, lately, but not nearly so contentious as this one. .. though
that's changing somewhat. I've seen a newsgroup for Photoshop, so I'm
sure a mailing list also exists. Try checking this URL for more info:
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~pitharat/photoshop/main.html

Hope this helpful,

Jane
Jane Bergen, Technical Writer,