Job Posting: Illinois, Chicagoland, NW Suburbs

Subject: Job Posting: Illinois, Chicagoland, NW Suburbs
From: Marie Clear <Mclear3000 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 02:01:09 EST

A large technology firm in the NW suburbs of Chicago is
seeking a permanent technical writer to work in the IS department.

I'm a technical writing consultant at the site, and we recommended
that they create this new position. The person filling the position will
work with the current team of consulting writers for a smooth transition.
It's a great environment, and I thoroughly enjoy working there.

Read the brief job description below, and if you are interested in
learning more, send me an e-mail with your resume in the body of
the text or attached as a Word 7.0-compatible document.

Position Description: Staff Technical Writer to write and
maintain documentation for the IS department. The writer is
responsible for all phases of the documentation cycle, including
interviewing programmers, writing and editing document drafts,
and maintaining the finished manuals. Since the position is a
new one within the department, the writer will additionally be
involved in defining documentation standards and practices.

Technical Environment: The department develops custom in-house
applications -- object-oriented systems written in PowerBuilder
and using SQL.

Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. in Technical Writing, Communications, or a related field.
- Three or more years technical writing experience.
- Knowledge of Windows and Word.
- Some experience developing programming guides or reading a
programming language.

Location: The junction of 90 and 294 in Rosemont, Illinois.