Re: CBT Tools

Subject: Re: CBT Tools
From: Tracy Boyington <tracy_boyington -at- OKVOTECH -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 11:29:32 -0600

> 1. Aimtech CBT Express
> This is the best program for the beginner. (snip)
> There are things with this that you
> cannot do, some limits, but you won't need these things for a few years.

CBT Express *is* a very easy program and a great way to learn CBT, but
its limits were much more "limiting" to us. Our biggest problem was with
graphics -- we got some nasty palette shifts when using our own graphics
(scanned photos, etc.) with the CBT Express graphics (backgrounds,
buttons, etc.) and Aimtech's "solution" (upgrade to the newer version of
CBT Express) didn't work. While it may have been caused by our own
ignorance, it still took a lot of tinkering to make the graphics work.
Since the original poster was interested in incorporating other media, I
think this is important.

YMMV, of course.
Tracy
Oklahoma Dept. of Vocational & Technical Education
Stillwater, OK, USA
http://www.okvotech.org/cimc/home.htm