situation: employment

Subject: situation: employment
From: swigser <swigser -at- ONE -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:42:27 -0500

I need help/opinions. Please respond to me privately, off list.

I've been working for this employer for just under two years, on a
long-term contract through a staffing company (they call it coemployment).
Last winter (December) I was told that I would become a full time employee
in April. I know for a fact that offer letters have gone out and I
haven't received one.

In the meantime, I have another company courting me. It's a good company
also, interesting position, a little higher salary.

I really enjoy my current position and company and don't really want to
leave. Do I just push the fact that I was told I would be getting an offer
to become an FTE in April, do I use the fact of the other company courting
me, or do I just leave well enough alone and let fate take care of it?

I would really appreciate any thoughts on this one.

Sarah