Tools for newbies (was TW grad school)

Subject: Tools for newbies (was TW grad school)
From: John Cornellier <john -dot- cornellier -at- CARDS -dot- DELARUE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:18:03 GMT

Bruce Byfield wrote "One problem in education is the speed at which the field is
moving..."

I know a curriculum which does not include online help, where the writing is not
taught in the context of WP, and the WP is taught on something like Page Maker
for Apple Mac! All fine products, I'm sure, but not names you see often in TW
job ads.

And yet all the grads of said programme, as far as I know, get jobs. Perhaps for
entry-level jobs at least, knowledge of tools is less important than we think?

John Cornellier