Where to order software?

Subject: Where to order software?
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 21:48:54 -0500

Karen Kay <karen -at- WORDWRITE -dot- COM> wrote:

>I'm wondering where people order their software from, to
>keep costs down?

Get that academic discount, if you can. Marry or re-marry if you have
to, just to nail it down. :-)

Other than that, one trick is to buy a registerable copy of a software
package at a used computer store. For professional products - especially
Adobe's - the price of buying the used software and upgrading is usually
about one-third to half the price of buying the new package.

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
(bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) (604) 421-7189 or 687-2133 X. 269

"So in the spring of the year, we took the fleet,
Every cask and cannon and compass sheet,
And we flew a Jacobean flag to give us heart;
While Pitt stood helpless we were waiting for Bonaparte."
--The Men They Couldn't Hang, "The Colors"