Re: Professional-Related Questions (was "How to provide writing s amples")

Subject: Re: Professional-Related Questions (was "How to provide writing s amples")
From: Beth Agnew <BAgnew -at- INSYSTEMS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 08:34:50 -0500

Along with many of the professionals on this list, I'm very pleased to
answer questions from others, especially those new in the profession. I
can also empathize with the frustration level of those Techwhirlers who
have to scroll through dozens of replies to questions that have already
been asked and answered. Time is money, and writers always have too
little of both.

We expect the novices to do at least a little research on their own,
such as searching the archives to see what other discussion has occurred
on the topic. Reading Eric's posting rules, and adhering to them, would
be a good first step. And the rest of us should just *decline to answer*
questions that have already been done to death. Delete is a very useful
and under-used key!

Computer technology being what it is, however, there is always a new
twist. I have learned some interesting things, on topics that don't
usually interest me, because of the action on this list.

Just my $.02.

--Beth

Beth Agnew
Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
65 Allstate Parkway, Suite 100 Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
Markham, Ontario, Canada L3R 9X1 Fax: (905) 513-1419
mailto:bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Visit us at: http://www.insystems.com