Re: Word Viewer

Subject: Re: Word Viewer
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- MALVERNSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 16:11:13 -0500

I was just on Microsoft's website hoping to find VBA help files (not
found yet!) when I came across 2 downloadable Word Viewer files. You're
right about this not being widely publicized, I'd never even heard of
it. Of course, if I were Microsoft I'd prefer to have people buy Word
than download a free viewer.

From the MS Website (http://support.microsoft.com/support/downloads):
Microsoft Word Viewer 97, the newest member of the Word Viewer family,
is a freeware product that allows you to view and print Microsoft Word
97 documents.
Like previous versions of Word Viewer, the latest version can also open
documents created with all previous versions of Word for Windows and
version 4.x and later of Microsoft Word for Macintosh. (3952016 bytes,
published 05/13/97)

Microsoft Word Viewer 97 for Windows 16-bit Operating Systems, is a
freeware product that allows you to view and print Microsoft Word 97
documents on 16-bit Windows operating systems. Like previous versions of
Word Viewer, this version can also open documents created with all
previous versions of Word for Windows and version 4.x and later of
Microsoft Word for Macintosh. (2321131 bytes, published 06/20/97)

Kathleen
kpadova -at- malvernsys