Re: CD label printers in Oz

Subject: Re: CD label printers in Oz
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:50:32 -0800

Hey Stuart--thanks for the CD info. I've been looking at the same
issue, and am also going with a printed CD. Have you checked out the
cost of getting a printer yourself? I got lucky and discovered that
another department had one, so I'm not sure of cost. However, I did
find out that printable/recordable CDs (with a special coating) cost
less than $4 here in the US, only a few cents higher than
recordable-only CDs. Plus it gives me the advantage of printing a CD
whenever I need it--we also distribute a high-cost low-volume product.

Our brand is called Fargo, a thermal ink-jet printer with 600x300dpi
resolution. Print speed averages about 2 minutes per CD. I should note
that our standards aren't that high--yet. Anything better than a postit
note on the jewel case would be a step up!
Sella Rush
mailto:sellar -at- apptechsys -dot- com
Applied Technical Systems, Inc. (ATS)
Bremerton, Washington USA