help file part numbering

Subject: help file part numbering
From: "Susan E. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STEEPLECHASE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 11:23:31 -0500

We're implementing a new part numbering scheme and want to ensure that each
help project has an easily-distinguishable part number.

Does anyone have any suggestions of where to put this part number in the
project? It seems that it might be helpful to have the part number listed
somewhere that it's visible to the customer (the equivalent of the "about"
dialog) to help the Tech Support folks determine which help file a customer
is using. Although the software rev # is helpful, we may post a help file
update that's slightly out of synch with the software release cycle.

I thought including it in the "About the < >" topic in small font at the
bottom might suffice, however, this seems to be out of step with the
current standards.

I appreciate any ideas....

Thanks,

Susan