Manual Styles

Subject: Manual Styles
From: Izidkiel <izidkiel -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 18:42:49 -0500

Hi all,

My company has used the same manual styles (Head1, Head2, Body Text, etc.) for
over five years. Because the software is getting an overhaul, it's the right
time to give the manual a face-lift.

Can anyone suggest some good resources that discuss style usage in manuals?

I've read that san serif fonts work best as headings and serif fonts work best
as body text. Is this true? Would you ever use a serif font for a heading
style?

Which particular fonts do you use?

I have studied various software manuals and compared the styles they use. Do
you know of any PageMaker templates available online that I can use as a
reference?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom Hinds
Sage U.S. Inc.