Re: Autonumbering

Subject: Re: Autonumbering
From: "Wing, Michael J" <mjwing -at- INGR -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 08:11:27 -0600

I've always used the SEQ (numbering) field code. This code performs
automatic numbering without the auto-numbering bugs. It does require that
the fields be updated whenever the numbered step procedure changes. The
sequence only requires a unique name. An original can be inserted and then
copied to each step.

Therefore, the following fields:

{SEQ name1}) Step 1
{SEQ name1}) Step 2
{SEQ name1}) Step 2

Produce the following results (Press Alt-F9 to toggle field codes, highlight
the steps, and press F9 to update):

1) Step1
2) Step2
3) Step 3

Mike

Michael Wing (mailto:mjwing -at- ingr -dot- com)
Principal Technical Writer
Intergraph Corporation; Huntsville, Alabama
http://www.ingr.com/iss/products/mapping/

"Humpty was pushed!"