Future use

Subject: Future use
From: Marci Abels <mabels -at- CSIKS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:34:19 -0600

Hello,

I know this has been discussed before, and I've looked in the archives
and am still looking for a better way. We are documenting a developing
software package. Several features are not yet operational, though they
are planned for future implementation, some features are on the menu but
not operational because they are now obsolete, as far as the programmers
are concerned, and some features are still up in the air regarding
future implementation.

In the past, I used "For future release" which served us well. This
iteration, however, we have several features that will go away, some of
them were operational in the past but are no longer so. Some were
planned for future implementation, but have been dropped from the
planning schedule for various reasons. And sill others will eventually
be implemented, as soon as the programmers have time. I tried
"Implementation currently under review" but we have some people who
dislike that. So, I am looking for a statement to use that holds no
promises for the future, but says "Don't bother with this, it doesn't
work now." Of course, we wnat something more positive than the simple
truth, that the feature is not operational and we don't really know if
it ever will be. :-)

I'm on digest, so if you have any ideas for me, please send them to me
and I will summarize for the list.
--
Marci Abels
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Acres/2592/