Re: Fuzzy screen capts. in PDF

Subject: Re: Fuzzy screen capts. in PDF
From: David Knopf <david -at- KNOPF -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 11:19:40 -0800

Beth Kane wrote:

> My manager just created a PDF file and wound up with most -- not all
> -- of her screen captures looking fuzzy (both on-screen and in
> printouts). We've never had this happen before.
>
> The captures were all TIFFs (converted from BMPs using HiJaak 95) that
> were copied into Frame-for-the-Mac files. They weren't fuzzy-looking
> in the Frame files.
> Does anyone have any clues to help us fix this?

Beth,

Check to see if you have "downsampling" enabled in Acrobat Distiller. If so,
disable it.

-- David Knopf

David Knopf
Knopf Online
Tel: 415-820-2356
E-mail: david -at- knopf -dot- com
Web: http://www.knopf.com/

Writing * WinHelp * Web Sites * Training * Consulting
RoboHELP Certified Trainer * RoboHELP Certified Consultant