Word oddity

Subject: Word oddity
From: Dianne Walsh <Dianne -dot- Walsh -at- MEDECISION -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:57:11 -0500

We just had an entire manual disappear--sort of. My cohort was working
away on some edits when suddenly the graphics got fuzzy. He closed up
the file suspecting an out-of-memory problem and rebooted his machine
to clear the temp files. Now, we can't open the file. Word is giving
us strange messages claiming the file does not have a .doc extension
(it does). We having tried copying the file to another name with the
same result.

Checking the properties of the file, we find that it is all apparently
still there; Word just won't open it. We've never had this happen
before. Has anyone else had this happen? Were you able to get your
file back?

Thanks,

Dianne Walsh
Documentation Manager