Thesis/CBT...

Subject: Thesis/CBT...
From: Damien Braniff <Damien_Braniff -at- PAC -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:41:46 +0000

Thanks to all who responded to my previous mail re suggestions. It's going
to be project based and from the responses I received and my own research
it looks like it's going to be CBT/Multimedia learning. Lots of
literature on the subject covering not just writing but learning theories,
psychology etc - should keep the academics happy! I've started gathering
literature and am about to enrol in the local university library. Basic
(proposed) structure is :

Do the initial investigation - how people learn etc

Investigate the tools available - which best meets the requirements
(info gained from (1)), plus any constraints of cost etc.

Develop tutorial/CBT/whatever(!!) - reasons for doing it as done etc.

Critique - does it work as expected; if not why not; what to change;
user feedback etc.

I've checked the archives and the main tools seem to be:

Toolbook

Demoshield

Iconauthor

Top Class

Quest Net+

CBT Express

Authorware

Anyone know of any others? All information on tools (web pages etc) and
any literature references will be gratefully received. As I said in my
initial posting, the real work starts now.

TIA

Damien Braniff
Technical Author
PAC International