Open .pdf from online help (2/3 on .pdfs)

Subject: Open .pdf from online help (2/3 on .pdfs)
From: Michael Cenedella <ropes -at- TELEPORT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 10:58:03 -0800

Hello again,

Our doc set includes many books in Frame and a few in Word-even one with
files from both!

All will be online as .pdf.

We?d like to access the .pdf from the online help in the app.

We can do this with a macro and a hard-coded path or open a .pdf in the
folder in which the .hlp file resides. Ideally, however, we?d prefer to
allow the users to install the .pdfs locally, over their network, or get
them from the CD-Rom.

A .dll could be written to do this, but for several considerations, we?re
unable to do so. Is there a batch file that could find the .pdf at any or
all of the places described above? Our reference in the help would provide
the filename and .pdf extension in all cases.

Thanks very much for your help,

Michael Cenedella, www.teleport.com/~ropes

Contractor with MedicaLogic, Hillsboro, Oregon, www.medicalogic.com