NITC Server Melt Down

Subject: NITC Server Melt Down
From: Andrew Plato <aplato -at- EASYSTREET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 23:25:02 -0800

My apologies to all the members of the Network of Independent Technical
Communicators. I had planned March 1 to be the roll out of a number of new
features including on-line registration, resumes, and support for
international memberships. Also, I had hoped to launch a national media
campaign to promote the site.

Unfortunately, one of the servers at Anitian Technology Services melted down
this weekend. Fortunately, most of the work was recovered (thank God for
NTFS hard drive partitions), but the plans for the NITC web site upgrade are
delayed.

I sincerely hope to get the site updated very soon. If you have submitted a
registration recently, I apologize for the delay in getting your data into
the database. I hope to have any new memberships in the database by this
weekend.

By the way, if you know anyone with Microsoft Access experience, especially
using Access in web applications, I could use some help. The NITC database
uses Access. Some of the new features I am developing are not working
properly. Unfortunately, I have two other contracts I am managing and I
could use some technical help. If you know anyone who could help, I could
use a recommendation.

Thank you for your patience.

Andrew Plato
Moderator
The Network of Independent Technical Communicators
www.anitian.com/network