Re: documentation seminar alternative

Subject: Re: documentation seminar alternative
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 19:44:11 -0500

Maybe it's just the way I work (and who I am), but I'm becoming
more and more of an advocate of choosing a position and leading
people in your direction. If you goof, you goof...although actually I
suspect people won't follow you if they think you're seriously lost.
In this particular
scenario, therefore, I'd recommend something
like the flowchart documenting the existing process and then present your
proposed improved workflow. Elicit comments on that--but don't go in
without a proposed solution.
We have enough trouble, as Miki notes, with the respect issue
without going in and saying, "This doesn't work...how should I fix it?"
Again, IME, people will let you know if they think your proposed solution
is glitchy, which is way different from not having a solution to propose.
JMHO,
Mary

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)