Re: Should we skip HTML?

Subject: Re: Should we skip HTML?
From: Max Wyss <prodok -at- PRODOK -dot- CH>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 23:43:45 +0100

Marilynne,

Distributing Word6 documents is an example of extremely poor netiquette.

With the known macro virus problems, Word6 documents are also a potential
source of serious trouble. In fact, working on a Mac, most of those viruses
don't affect me, but I still can redistribute them. I now open the files I
must open (because they are work) in FrameMaker 5.5. This does definitely
purify the file.

In this respect, PDF is a safer format. It does have the ability to launch
other applications, but there is a warning which lets the user decide
whether to proceed or not.

Max Wyss
PRODOK Engineering AG
Technical documentation and translations, Electronic Publishing
CH-8906 Bonstetten, Switzerland

Fax: +41 1 700 20 37
e-mail: mailto:prodok -at- prodok -dot- ch or 100012 -dot- 44 -at- compuserve -dot- com

Bridging the Knowledge Gap