Question: Word OLE, Visio - to PDF?

Subject: Question: Word OLE, Visio - to PDF?
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 14:17:13 PST

Hi,

I've searched the archives but couldn't find anything that answered my
questions. I am running Office 95 on Windows 95.

#1:

I am writing a Product Guide and want to include the related Service
Agreement in the Appendix. The Service Agreement is a separate document
and is updated frequently, so I thought I would use OLE to create a link
to "an entire existing file" in my Product Guide. That way, when the SA
is updated, the version in the Product Guide will be updated too. Sounds
great!

But - this document will be converted to .pdf for distribution via our
Intranet. (I know what the current holy war is. PDF actually works
well for our purposes. :)) Will my link stay intact after the
conversion? I am pretty inexperienced with Acrobat so please be gentle!

#2:

I would like to do the same thing with some Visio process flows.
Has anyone done OLE in Word with Visio documents? Do these convert to
PDF successfully?

TIA for your suggestions,

Cheryle Wiese